Pages

October 11, 2010

VODAFONE NZ MUSIC AWARDS!!! (part 1)

Tehehe.... A few weeks ago I was watching tv and they mentioned a competition to be King of the red carpet at the VNZMA'S. You win the chance to be treated like a VIP along with 9 friends of your choice. Everything was paid for - accommodation, flights, airport transfers, a hummerzine to the awards, buffet breakfast, hair and makeup for the girls/massage for the gents.... THE LIST GOES ON!!!
So all I had to do was enter my details online along with a photo of my best pose.
  


Last Monday while on my lunch break at course, I got a phone call from C4 Studio's to tell me I was a finalist and to leave my phone on between 4-6pm incase I won. They said Drew Neemia (the host of select live) would call me live on tv if I won!!!!! So whatever we were learning afterwards....went straight over my head!!! I sped walked home at 4 and sat infront of my tv waiting for the phone call!!! (not that I knew I was the winner...But I had everything crossed!) 5PM rocked around and I was patiently watching the tv and watching music video clips I couldn't care less about at the time. Then Drew announced they were calling the winner!!! I heard the phone dial...then ring....then my phone ring!!!!!!
I answered and all I could do was jump around in my room and try not to scream too loud into the phone. As soon as I was off the phone I had an emence amount of txt/phonecalls/facebook messages from everyone saying congratulations...and the most important question... WHO was I going to take????
I already had a couple of people in mind....But to choose 9 was just hard!!! But by Tuesday morning, I had all 9 people on my list... All of whom... Jumped at the opportunity to come.

1 - Nikole
2 - Cameron
3 - Stacey
4 - Tereinamu
5 - Leon
6 - Jack
7 - Heidi
8 - Jess
9 - Claire

So on Thursday morning my friends Leon, Jack and I were up and about at 4:30AM!!!! Then we were off to pick Stacey and Te (Tereinamu) up at 5:30 to be at the airport by 6!!!! Everyone were there on time and Stacey and Te were the first to leave Dunedin for Auckland at 6:50AM...The rest of us left at 7:20AM and met in Auckland at 10:30. We then had trouble looking for our way out of the arrival gate to the baggage claim...but we made it... Then found the shuttle driver with my name on a board.

He took us straight to the hotel... The Hyatt Regency (5 STARS!!!!!)


We checked in and then settled into our rooms before going out for lunch. I ended up sharing with Jack who is from the Chatham Islands (same place as me) and also happens to be best friends with Ben. We then went out to lunch in town. Most of us went to Wendy's (THE BURGER ONE!). It was my first time to try it so it was pretty memorable hehe. My friend (Missy) from the hostel I was boarding in last year (who I hadn't seen since she left half way through last year) came to see me too. After about an hour Missy, Leon and I left the others to go back to the hotel so I could get ready for an interview I had with Drew.
Missy said goodbye, then Leon and I were off. The interview was so much fun!!! I met Drew and couldn't stop smiling. Straight after that we met everyone back at the hotel and all of us girls got our hair and makeup done while the guys got their massage. That took about 3 hours in total!!! We then got changed into our suits/dresses and met back at the spa to arrive to a trolley of Champagne on ice with Magnum Ice creams!!!





CHEERS

After a glass or two each and a billion photos we all went to see the ONLY HUMMERZINE that was ours for the night...well part of the night anyway.










No comments:

Post a Comment